Researcher in the area of material science - vision systems
The Faculty of Applied Engineering is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the Department of Electromechanics for a
Researcher in the area of material science - vision systems.
A short summary of the project can be found following this link.
- Optional: You are willing to prepare a doctoral thesis in the area of active thermography for material inspection.
- You contribute to research in the field of implementation of active thermography for automatic material inspection in industry.
- Part of your job will be the organization and management of project applications within the field of material inspection and vision systems and the search for external funding.
- You will also co-ordinate some service tasks, both internally at the department and externally (mainly with interested companies).
- You co-supervise graduate students and other team members next to which you will also fulfill a (small) educational task/lecturing duty”.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a Master degree in engineering, IT or physics.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Also students in the final year of their degree can apply.
- We encourage foreign candidates to apply.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university's policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- Your English language skills are very good (both written and oral) and you are intending to spend time learning Dutch.
- You have programming experience and the interest and/or expertise in camera control.
- Experience with active thermography for NDT is seen as a significant asset.
- You are enthusiast of working on a valorisation aspect and with the application in close sight.
- a contract for a period of two years;
- the date of appointment 1 December 2017;
- a full time gross monthly salary as assistant ranging from € 3.272,69 - € 5.538,41;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Please send your application, accompanied by your CV and cover letter, to Gunther.firstname.lastname@example.org, until the closing date 15 October 2017.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications.
- The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Gunther Steenackers, Gunther.email@example.com.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and