Senior Software Engineer, C++ Development
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Portable Analytical Instruments, a business unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is the leader in handheld XRF, Raman, and Infrared devices that enable precise material identification and characterization across a wide variety of end markets. It is the product of three acquisitions over the past decade and brings together a product portfolio with leading market positions globally. The business is currently recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer, C++ Development
- Design, development and support of:
- Middleware, communications and other features for our portable scientific device projects using QT/QML on embedded Linux.
- Device supporting desktop applications.
- Cloud based integration for devices and desktop applications.
- Participate in code, design and test plan reviews.
- Work with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies in a Test Driven Development environment.
- Proficient in developing with C++ on Linux.
- Experience with QT on Linux in an embedded environment.
- Strong C++/object oriented design (OOD) experience.
- Design Pattern Experience.
- Experience following formal software development lifecycle, including working with requirements, creation of functional/design specifications, code reviews, code coverage and engaging in process enhancements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics with 5 years experience in the field.
- Must be U.S. Citizen or green card holder
- SQL, schema and db experience
- Experience with Test Driven Development in an Agile Environment.
- XML and JSON
- Tools: Jira, Git, GitLab, Confluence
This position does NOT have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.