Research Engineer, Chemical Process Technology
Research Engineer, Chemical Process Technology (5722)
Form of employment: Full time , Regular
Locations: Espoo, Finland
Job area: Research and Development
Application period: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - Sunday, October 01, 2017
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd is the leading research and technology company in the Nordic countries. We use 4,000,000 hours of brainpower a year to develop new technological solutions. Here you will solve challenges together with customers and partners from around the world. We offer an encouraging and innovative work environment, brilliant colleagues and various career paths.
Our chemical process technology team's work focuses on developing and up-scaling from lab to pilot various chemical processes varied from bio-based materials to synthetic chemical products. We have unique pilot facilities and a recognized team with competence more than 20 years in collaboration with industry from different sectors.
With us you will be responsible for
With us you will be assisting the implementation, development, and continuous improvement of experimental work in a larger scale. The work includes experiment from the bench to the pilot scale and you will be part of our chemical engineer technology team providing your expertise in R&D projects.
• To execute pilot plant trials accurately and safely and record the results
• To maintain a safe and clean work area
• To participate maintenance and repairing of pilot equipment
We expect you to have
• Previous experience of working in process industry or applied research
• Bachelor of Engineering degree in process chemistry or other relevant degree
• Good understanding of working at pilot scale
• Ability to learn to operate any of the process equipment, as well as understand process and product testing requirements
• Fluent Finnish and good English skills, both written and spoken, are required
As a person you are
We are looking for a candidate who is able to work efficiently and proactively in our research team and be independently responsible for carrying out project assignments. Good communication skills are expected, as you will be collaborating regularly with scientists, technicians and international colleagues.
• You work well in a group and you are able to work independently
• You have a thorough way of work with hands-on attitude
• You are an attentive to safety and quality
• You love to learn and develop your expertise
At VTT, we believe that our impact is built on scientific and technological excellence in all our work. Our people is the core of the next generation VTT. Our personnel's wellbeing and competence development are key priorities. You will be a part of a creative and international working environment. We offer versatile, independent and challenging tasks and the needed support and coaching.
We offer a great opportunity to develop technological competences in chemical processes and piloting together with VTT´s top experts. We offer state-of-the-art facilities and a unique opportunity to work in challenging and forward-looking R&D projects in a recognized team.
For further information
For more information about the position, you can contact Jarmo Ropponen, Research Team Leader (tel. +358 400 215 951) on 19.9 between 09:00 - 10:30 and 25.9 between 9:30-11:00.
A video interview will take place during week 41 and the final interviews during weeks 45 and 46.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and