Head of Clinical Development & Regulatory
I About International Vaccine Institute (IVI)
IVI is the world’s only International Organization devoted exclusively to developing and introducing new and improved vaccines to protect the world’s poorest people, especially children in developing countries. Established in 1997, IVI operates as an independent international organization under a treaty signed by 35 countries and the World Health Organization. The Institute conducts research in more than 20 countries of Asia, Africa and Latin America on vaccines against enteric and diarrheal infections, Japanese encephalitis, MERS-CoV, and dengue fever, and develops new and improved vaccines at its headquarters in Seoul, South Korea. For more information, please visit http://www.ivi.int.
I IVI’s mission:
Discover, develop, and deliver safe, effective and affordable vaccines for global public health
We are seeking a Head of Clinical Development & Regulatory for a 3-year position at the International Vaccine Institute in Seoul, Korea to work within the Development and Delivery Unit.
I Job Purpose
This incumbent is responsible for delivering clinical trials, overseeing regulatory activities, developing new program/project opportunities and developing department staff to ensure successful mission achievement of IVI on vaccine development. It requires extensive collaboration and consistent communication (verbal and written) with internal and external partners under the highest scientific, operational and ethical standards.
I The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Medical Doctor
- 13+ years of clinical research and trials
- Strong knowledge of clinical development and trial implementation preferably with vaccines and in developing country settings
- Strong networking skills and demonstrated success in working in an international environment
- Knowledge of regulatory procedures (national and WHO standards)
- Excellent people and management skills
- Demonstrated success in securing grant funding from public or private sector donors preferred
- Demonstrated success of publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Basic knowledge of epidemiology, statistics
I This position will provide following opportunities:
- Working experience in developing countries; conduct studies globally (i.e., Philippines, Burkina Faso, Cambodia)
- Career development opportunities in vaccine clinical research, global health and international organization
I How to apply
Visit www.ivi.int/employment and submit your application for 'Head of Clinical Development & Regulatory' online.
Email us at email@example.com