Research Scientist (Upstream Process Development)
I About International Vaccine Institute (IVI)
IVI is the world’s only International Organization devoted exclusively to developing and introducing new and improved vaccines to protect the world’s poorest people, especially children in developing countries. Established in 1997, IVI operates as an independent international organization under a treaty signed by 35 countries and the World Health Organization. The Institute conducts research in more than 20 countries of Asia, Africa and Latin America on vaccines against enteric and diarrheal infections, Japanese encephalitis, MERS-CoV, and dengue fever, and develops new and improved vaccines at its headquarters in Seoul, South Korea. For more information, please visit http://www.ivi.int.
I IVI’s mission:
Discover, develop, and deliver safe, effective and affordable vaccines for global public health
We are seeking a Research Scientist (Upstream Process Development) for a 2-year position at the International Vaccine Institute in Seoul, Korea to work within the Vaccine Process Development Unit.
I Job Purpose
This incumbent is responsible for leading Upstream Process development for microbial fermentation based vaccine candidates. It includes establishment of master and working cell banks, media development, assessment different expression systems, optimization, scale up, assay development (in proces and release) and tech transfer to vaccine manufacturing partners. Responsibilities also includes preparation/review of technical documents including development/tech transfer reports, batch records, SOPs, CMC regulatory submissions and writing scientific articles.
I The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Microbiology or equivalent
- 3 + years’ experience with upstream process development in academia or industry required; downstream process development experience preferred
- Hands on experience with process design and optimization of upstream antigen production process for microbial fermentations required; cell culture experience preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and proven experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated success in writing grants and authoring publications
I This position will provide following opportunities:
- Career growth opportunity in vaccine early research and development at an international organization
- Working experience with developing countries manufacturers (DCVMs) during and after technology transfers
I How to apply
- Visit www.ivi.int/employment and submit your application for Research Scientist (Upstream Process Development) online.
- Email us at email@example.com