Software R&D Engineer (M/F)
This position is in the context of TIPA®: a generic process assessment framework, developed by the LIST. It is based on an ISO standard on PRocess Assessment and allows assessing any quality characteristic of processes in any domain. At mid-2017, this framework is used by more than 280 assessors, across 25 countries, to assess the capability of ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library, dealing with IT Service Management best practices) processes.
The TIPA Framework is composed of several assets including some guidance which was based initially on MS Office documents and templates. This guidance toolset is being replaced by a cloud-based software solution called “TIPA® as a Service” (TaaS). This Software-as-a-Service solution aims to deliver to the TIPA users a set of secured, robust, and integrated cloud-based IT services supporting the TIPA® framework. This technical solution provides functionalities for defining and maintaining Process Assessment Models, Measurement Frameworks, and Assessment Questionnaires. It also brings value to TIPA Assessors by supporting the whole lifecycle of a TIPA assessment.
We are looking for one highly motivated research engineer to perform a key role and actively contribute to the research and technological activities of LIST in the TIPA R&D line.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Understand research topics and assets such as the TIPA Framework and similar ones
- Interact with the TIPA community in order to capture research challenges, market needs, and standardization progress for improving the TIPA Framework throughout TaaS
- Contribute and propose innovations in the TIPA context, and particularly for the cloud-based solution TaaS acting as a generic process assessment solution
- Disseminate and transfer research results related to the TIPA Framework and TaaS in particular
- Master in Computer science with a focus on software engineering
- Experience with UML or case tools
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database engines
- Experience with Internet application and mobile (e.g. Android) development
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems
- Knowledge of modelling tools (e.g. UML)
- Good understanding of multi-tiers and microservice-oriented architectures
- Knowledge in ITSM process modelling and implementing is mandatory
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in Web developments
- Good collaboration and communication skills
- Capability to work in an international / multicultural environment
- Fluency in English and French is required
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and