Regional Marketing Manager - Food Safety
As the world's leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $18B in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points - technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. Driven by our goal oriented team of lab experts, the Microbiology Division (MBD) is a trusted supplier of a broad range of high quality media and diagnostic products used in clinical, industrial, research, and academic laboratories. For over 30 years, the group consisting of over 2,000 employees has been highly dedicated to microbiology and provided superior product performance and expert, responsive customer support to laboratories nationwide.
The Regional Marketing Manager will be responsible for the strategy development, implementation and P&L assigned to the Food Safety market in the Americas. In addition they will be responsible for developing and implementing local regional campaigns as well as implementing globally developed campaigns within the region in support of the yearly revenue objectives. This position can be based in either our Lenexa, KS or Austin, TX locations.
- Develops and implements market plans yearly for a three year horizon with a focus on the current and following year
- Updates quarterly all North America marketing plans and networks them with Product Management and Global Marketing
- Develops and implement with the assistance of Marketing Communications regional campaigns and promotions to support the Americas business objectives with a focus on workflow solutions and qualified leads for follow up by the sales force, on time and within approved budget.
- Develops and manages budgets and expenses related to area of responsibility, including analysis and reporting to the management
- Prepares and presents quarterly a business review of results and needs in each vertical segment that are his/her responsibilities
- Conducts yearly portfolio analysis and works in cooperation with R&D, Product Management for submission of new products to the Portfolio Management Committee
- Leads and ensures successful market launches for his/her markets of responsibility in theAmericas.
- Gains customer insights to develop tools to shorten the sales cycle
- Works cross functionally to build financial cases studies to demonstrate value-added services/products.
- Develop copy, collateral and media in conjunction with Marketing Communications and with the assistance of Product Management
- Maintains relevant knowledge and database of competitive activities relevant to his/her vertical market segment of responsibilities in the Americas
- Develops and implements with the Manager Sales training (this positon exists?) and coordination the training of the field sales force on campaigns for implementation in the Americas.
- Supports Product Management as needed in developing forecasts on a weekly basis
- Establish relationships with customers, key opinion leaders, industry associations and field sales
- Assists in coaching and mentoring more junior colleagues in the marketing department in marketing and best business practices
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration and/or Microbiology or relevant working experience.
- 7-10 years of marketing in the Life Sciences industry, preferably in the food safety industry.
- Strong working knowledge of window and Microsoft office suite including MS Project Manager. Proficiency in working with a CRM as well as an ERP systems
- Customer focused, and results driven, showing excellent business acumen
- Motivating others and showing evidence of managing through systems
- Demonstrates the ability to manage through influence
- Able to manage stakeholders expectations and requirements
- Demonstrates the ability to work in ambiguous situations
- Successful product launches and marketing campaigns that meet or exceed expectations
- Demonstrated superior ability to design and manage projects
- Goal oriented with excellent project, time and budget management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to interact effectively and efficiently at all levels of the organization and with customers at the executive level
- Ability to develop actionable strategies while proficient at the analytical level
- Superior attention to details
- 30% Travel
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.