Postdoctoral Fellowships for Academic Diversity
The Postdoctoral Fellowship for Academic Diversity Program is a competitive program whose goal is to increase the diversity of the community of scholars devoted to academic research at both the University of Pennsylvania and The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). Both organizations seek to attract promising researchers and educators from different backgrounds, races, ethnic groups, and other diverse populations whose life experience, research experience and employment background will contribute significantly to their academic missions. Fellowships are available for postdoctoral training in all areas of study at either Penn or CHOP. Life Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Math fields are encouraged. Successful candidates will receive mentored scholarly and research training as well as courses and workshops to enhance their research success skills and prepare them for a faculty position in a major university.
• Graduate students from Penn and other institutions who have completed, or will complete their requirements for Ph.D. by the Fellowship start date
• Postdoctoral scholars from other institutions who have completed their dissertation within the last three years
• Professional applicants (M.D., D.M.D., V.M.D., J.D., etc.) within a year of completing their post-degree professional training
• Candidates must be US citizens or permanent residents.
• Postdocs, residents and fellows who currently have a position at Penn or CHOP are ineligible for this program
Fellows receive a stipend of $50,000 a year in year 1 with $2,000 increments in years 2 and 3, as well as annual allowances for travel ($2,000) and research ($5,000), and a one-time relocation expense of up to $5,000. The University and CHOP also provide a medical, vision, dental and life insurance benefits package.
•Successful candidate will receive highly mentored scholarly and research training as well as courses and workshops to enhance their research skills and prepare them for faculty positions in a major university.
Application Deadline: November 3. Start dates to begin as early as July 2018.
To apply, visit http://www.upenn.edu/research/research_site/postdoc_diversity.html and scroll down to the Application Procedure.