Researcher in soil microbiology
- Support existing and future projects with state-of-the-art methods in quantitative, functional and taxonomic research in soil microbiology, in tight collaboration with colleagues working on soil functions (e.g. carbon storage, soil fertility and remediation of contaminants).
- Develop own project portfolio, from writing of proposals to project administration.
- Develop network and liaise with decision makers.
- Publish research results.
- PhD in microbiology / microbial ecology.
- Research experience with molecular biology methods (incl. bioinformatics) applied to the study of soil organisms and their functions.
- Publications in ISÌ journals in the field of soil microbiology.
- Fluency in English, spoken and written.
Five years of relevant experience or more after PhD.
Research experience linking soil microbiology and soil functions (e.g. C and N cycles).
Competence in methods for microbial biomass determination.
Experience in project acquisition and coordination.
Good publication record (commensurate with experience).
Fluency in Norwegian written and spoken (if not, rapidly learning Norwegian is expected).
- Good communication skills and capacity for team work.
- Enthusiastic for developing projects.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and