Postdoctoral or Ph.D student research position in Bioinformatics: De novo genome assembly and hap...
The Laboratory for Cytogenetics and Genome research at the Center for Human Genetics is looking for a: The Laboratory for Cytogenetics and Genome research at the Genter for Human Genetics develops tools for genome analyses. One major challenge of contemporary genome analysis is the de novo assembly of genomes. Currently, we are implementing whole genome Illumina sequencing, PacBio single molecule sequencing for de novo genome assemblies and we are exploring the use of PacBio sequencing for haplotyping.
- Implementation and development of bioinformatics tools to enable genome wide haplotyping from single molecule sequencing data.
- Combining short and long read sequencing technologies to improve genome wide de novo assemblies.
- Involvement in targeted haplotype reconstruction.
- Participation in structural variation detection.
- Gene discovery based on structural variation analysis.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and