When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Conduct in-process and final product testing and generate testing results reports.
- Responsible for assuring that products are tested to meet the highest quality standards as determined by performance specifications.
- Responsible for ensuring that QC tasks are completed according to: company policies, procedures and test methods.
- Effectively implement and maintain the company's standard operating procedures for Quality Control.
- Understands test results and pursues clarification of unusual results. Develops and uses system for anticipating and recognizing errors. Resolves discrepancies and reports results.
- Maintain inventory levels of raw materials used in quality control.
- Adheres to good documentation practices to ensure data integrity and traceability.
- May train junior level associates.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology or a closely related field with relevant experience
- 2+ years of work experience in a Research or GMP Quality Control laboratory. Current experience performing a variety of antibody based assays for bulk materials, in-process materials and finished products is highly preferred.
- Experience writing and modifying Standard Operating Procedures is preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge of regulatory requirements, such as current GMP regulations and the ability to review and understand test data is highly desirable.
- Understanding and the ability to follow safety precautions and procedures which apply to the activities in the laboratory is required. Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment is a necessity.
- Must be able to collaborate across multidisciplinary teams and also have the ability to work independently.
- Strong math skills; strong scientific background; excellent skills in prioritization and achievement of goals and objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong work ethic, computer literacy, and the ability to work independently following verbal instructions and SOPs are required.
- Flexibility, a willingness to take reasonable risks, and a passion to drive for results are key for this position.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employees will occasionally be exposed to hazardous materials in small amounts. Close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus are required.
The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.