Sr. Financial Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
At Moderna, we are pioneering the development of a new class of drugs made of messenger RNA (mRNA). This novel drug platform builds on the discovery that modified mRNA can direct the body's cellular machinery to produce nearly any protein of interest, from native proteins to antibodies and other entirely novel protein constructs that can have therapeutic activity inside and outside of cells.
The Sr. Financial Analyst is a critical member of the Financial Planning and Analysis team. Reporting to the Head of FP&A, this position will serve as a business partner to the General Administration organization (Digital, Corporate Strategy & BD, HR, Legal/IP, and Finance) that support a growing R&D organization and portfolio of development candidates. This position will partner with organizational leaders on operating budgets and forecasts, month-end close and reporting activities, long range planning, as well as other ad-hoc operational or strategic decision making support.
- Understanding the financial needs and investment drivers in the G&A functions; provide both operational and strategic financial support to drive the business
- Assist in consolidated financial reporting at company level and provide detailed month-end reporting to G&A functional leadership; present key insights or trends that require attention and enable budget owners to manage to established budgets
- Assist accounting operations team during month-end close with G&A related spend/accruals and receiving of services
- Manage day-to-day purchase requisition approvals and resolve ad-hoc invoicing issues
- Collaborate across finance and corporate G&A teams to develop annual budgets, forecast updates and support long range planning. Support planning for consolidated company headcount and revenue/partnership reimbursement.
- Work closely with Finance and Business Systems teams to manage routine changes or to drive new capabilities and enhancements with our planning and reporting tools
- Support continuous improvement efforts within the finance organization to streamline processes and improve communication and flow of information to the business
- BA/BS in accounting or finance required
- 1-3 years of FP&A experience; life sciences industry experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details; ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; highly proficient in Excel based modeling
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Experience with tier 1 ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle) and planning and reporting tools preferred
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.