Senior Lecturer (School of Biological Sciences)
Job No: 567393
Faculty / Portfolio:
Faculty of Science
School of Biological Sciences
Location: Clayton campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Continuing appointment
$112,789 - $130,054 pa Level C
(includes 17% employer superannuation)
- Leading international university
- Innovative and creative research and teaching environment
- Interdisciplinary strengths in genetics, genomics, evolutionary biology, human health and ecology
If you're after a rewarding career, Monash University can help make it happen. With leading academics and world-class resources, combined with a ranking in the top 100 universities worldwide, we offer all you need to build a brighter future.
The School of Biological Sciences is seeking to appoint a dynamic individual wishing to pursue an academic career in genetics/genomics and/or developmental biology as a Senior Lecturer (Level C, equivalent to Assistant Professor).
Genetics/genomics and developmental biology should be interpreted broadly and may for example, include animal, plant or microbial biology and may encompass specific areas including, but not limited to, epigenetics/gene regulation, bioinformatics, cellular and developmental genetics, functional genomics, evolutionary developmental biology, molecular pathology, and reproductive biology.
The School of Biological Sciences, and Monash University as a whole, is a world leader in research and teaching and committed to providing a better future for the globe. The successful applicant will be housed in high-quality research facilities, provided with an attractive recruitment package and employment conditions, and given access to world class research infrastructure including: genomics and bioinformatics support, a broad range of high end microscopy, green houses, state of the art model organism facilities, antibody and recombinant protein production and histological services.
The School of Biological Sciences is committed to the provision of an equitable and supportive work place. The successful applicant will be actively mentored so as to ease the transition into the Australian research system.
The applicant should have:
- an outstanding track record of excellence in research relative to opportunity
- a demonstrated ability (or strong potential) to obtain external research funds
- developed and delivered teaching materials or have the potential to develop such materials
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- experience with supervision of higher degree by research students.
- be innovative in and develop/lead successful research programs
- be proactive in building funded research collaborations internally and with appropriate external partners
- have the clear potential to excel in teaching activities at the undergraduate level and in postgraduate supervision.
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
Your application must address the selection criteria appropriate to each position. Please refer to"How to apply for Monash Jobs"
Professor Moira O’Bryan Head of School, +61 3 9905 5650
To view a detailed Position Description and to submit an application, please visit:
Enter '567393' in Job Search and click enter
Sunday 22 October 2015, 11:55pm AEDT