Scientist III, Bioinformatics
The successful candidate will be responsible for project management, data analysis, documentation, and deliverable preparation for various scientific services projects with different applications, such as whole genome and/or targeting genotyping, copy number variation assays, and gene expression. This position will work closely with our scientific customers and several cross-functional groups within the company, including research, product development, lab, sales and marketing.
- Minimum B.S. in Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Statistical Genetics, Molecular Biology, Genome Science or similar (M.S. or PhD preferred).
- 3+ years of working experience in related fields
- Excellent cross-discipline communication and writing skills
- Strong initiative and demonstrated ability to take ownership of assign tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment and meet deadlines
- Project management skills strongly preferred
- Statistical computing language - R is preferred
- Experience with Linux/Unix including shell scripting
- Experience with Python and/or Perl
- Experience with relational databases is a plus
- Experience in analysis of microarray data and NGS data is considered a strong plus
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.