QC Technician II
Under the supervision of the Quality Control Supervisor, the Senior QA/QC technician is responsible for completion of testing on raw materials and finished products to ensure they meet our regulatory requirements. This individual should be able to understand and execute testing processes as defined in work instructions or standard operating procedures with limited supervision or guidance.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual with strong communication and operational skills to perform daily tests. This individual will coordinate these activities to ensure they are completed in an efficient manner and key customer expectations are met on time and in full. Candidate must be able to work independently, as well as on teams within the cell culture, Microbiology, Analytical, Incoming Quality, and Environmental Quality Control Laboratories. Must have the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and prioritize work as necessary.
Key Objectives of the role:
- Upholds departmental standards as required in a GMP environment
- Manages individual workflow of daily tests and activities to ensure departmental goals are met
- Required to work on tasks of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires problem solving skills.
- Interacts with cross functional internal customers at all levels of the organization for resolution of issues
- Supports training and cross-training efforts for team development
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
- Requires a full functional knowledge of the laboratory equipment and technique.
- Minimum of AAS degree in Microbiology, Biology, or Environmental Sciences. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Candidate must be able to work independently, as well as on teams within the Cell Culture, Analytical Chemistry, Microbiology, Environmental and Incoming Quality Control Laboratories.
- Must have the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and prioritize work as necessary.
- Excellent computer skills, display specific expertise in Excel
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.