Principal Research Associate, New Venture Labs
An opportunity for a discovery biologist is available to join Moderna's early discovery group, New Venture Labs. New Venture Labs utilizes multidisciplinary approaches to understand biological function of novel targets in preparation for their advancement into our drug discovery pipeline. This is a basic research position that requires critical thinking, flexibility, multitasking, and the ability to learn new techniques.
- Design and execute well controlled experiments
- Carry out a variety of cell based assays such as cell viability, flow cytometry, luciferase reporter assays
- Performance of in vitro assays such as ELISA, luciferase, Western blotting, immunoprecipitation.
- Maintain mammalian cell lines and primary cells in culture
- Closely collaborate with other members within the interdisciplinary research group and broadly with departments throughout the company
- Deliver results in a timely manner
- Record and communicate findings
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree in relevant field of biology
- Ability to design controlled experiments
- Broad experience and demonstrated proficiency in utilization of molecular and cell based assays
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Proficiency in mammalian cell culture of transformed and primary cells
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a highly dynamic environment
- Experience analyzing large datasets is preferred
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.