Professorship of Chemistry and Technology of Organic Materials
Graz University of Technology/Faculty of Technical Chemistry, Chemical & Process Engineering and Biotechnology seeks to appoint a full professor in the field of
Chemistry and Technology of Organic Materials
at the Institute of Chemistry and Technology of Materials with an estimated appointment effective as of March 1st, 2018. The successful applicant will be appointed as professor on the basis of a permanent employment contract according to Section 98 of the Austrian Universities Act (§98 Universitätsgesetz).
For this position, we are seeking a person with an outstanding scientific track record who is able to develop a strong and visible research programme in the area of “Chemistry and Technology of Organic Materials” and will be able to teach a full and balanced curriculum of this subject.
The candidate's research activities should include modern aspects of macromolecular chemistry and/or technology of polymers. One of the general research aspects of the institute should be continued and further expanded in this respect.
The position will require the willingness to engage actively in collaborations within the Faculty of Technical Chemistry, Chemical & Process Engineering and Biotechnology. The new appointee will also be expected to contribute to the Fields of Expertise “Advanced Material Science” and “Human and Biotechnology” at Graz University of Technology and to participate in the inter-university projects NAWI Graz and BioTechMed.
Besides international highly visible research activities, a high interest and willingness to enter into strong collaborations with non-university research departments especially the competence centers of the Austrian COMET program of the FFG and other national as well as international research programmes is expected.
The position will require to take on a share of the overall teaching responsibilities of the Faculty of Technical Chemistry, Chemical & Process Engineering and Biotechnology at undergraduate, master's and doctoral levels, respectively. In due courses an active contribution to the academic self-administration of the university is also expected.
Requirements for employment are:
- A university education in a relevant subject, including a completed doctoral degree (PhD). Degrees must comply with the Austrian accreditation standards;
- An outstanding academic track record in research and teaching with an active involvement in international research in at least one of the fields listed above;
- Teaching experience and outstanding didactic skills, preferably verified by Habilitation (venia docendi) or an equivalent academic qualification;
- Demonstrated managerial skills and suitability for the role of leading and developing a research group and/or a university department.
To ensure effective international representation of the Institute and its work, especially teaching in English in the new Master Study Programmes at TU Graz and NAWI Graz, excellent spoken and written competence in English is required. Fluency in German, or the willingness to acquire it, is also expected.
Relocation to live in the greater Graz area is required.
In addition we expect:
- Excellent teaching skills;
- Commitment to teamwork and cooperation;
- Proven track record of acquiring outside research funding.
Graz University of Technology aims to increase the proportion of women, in particular in management and academic staff, and therefore qualified female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Until a balanced ratio of men and women has been achieved at the university, preference will be given to women if applicants are equally qualified.
Graz University of Technology actively promotes diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants are not to be discriminated against in personnel selection procedures on the grounds of gender, ethnicity, religion or ideology, age, sexual orientation (Anti-discrimination). People with disabilities and who have the relevant qualifications are expressly invited to apply.
Interested applicants are requested to send a detailed application including
- the applicant form available at http://www.tcvb.tugraz.at/dekanat/aktuelles
- a C.V. (including copies of certificates and diplomas) including a description of their research and teaching experience to date
- an outline of their planned activities in research and teaching as well as a concept for the future development of the department
- a list of publication (including copies of the five most important publications)
in digital form to the Dean of the Faculty of Technical Chemistry, Chemical & Process Engineering and Biotechnology, Graz University of Technology, Kopernikusgasse 24, 8010 Graz, Austria; e-mail: email@example.com by
October 18th, 2017
at the latest (e-mail timestamp).
The Dean: Frank Uhlig
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and