Are you passionate about electronics? Are you a motivated technician in the field of process controls? Do you relish a challenge? Join a team of professionals and take this unique opportunity to participate from A to Z in the upgrade electronics and controls of fast pulsed systems across the whole CERN accelerator complex. Take part!
As an electronics technican in the TE-ABT-EC section you will work in an international team of hardware and equipment-level software developers.
After an initial period of familiarization, you will:
* Develop and commission hardware and software electronic solutions for the control of beam transfer equipment across the whole CERN accelerator complex.
* Participate in the commissioning, exploitation, maintenance, repair and upgrade of existing control systems under the responsibility of the section with a focus on fault-finding and corrective interventions.
* Higher technical diploma, or equivalent qualification, in the field of Electronics, or equivalent.
Experience and competencies
* This position is open to junior professionals with keen interest to develop their knowledge in analogue and digital electronics, and in equipment control.
The experience required for this post is:
* Demonstrated experience in electronics design is required
The technical competencies required for this post are:
* Analog microelectronic circuit design: design of electronic circuit: knowledge of analogue & digital electronics.
* Commissioning, operation & maintenance of electronic test and measurement equipment: operation of electronic and equipment-level control systems.
* Installation, operation and maintenance of control systems.
* Configuration, programming and use of Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems.
* Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
* We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 30.09.2017.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
* Participation in a regular stand-by duty, including nights, Sundays and public holidays.
* Require work in Radiation Areas.
* Require interventions in underground installations.
* A valid driving licence is required.
* Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and