(Contract) Sr./Research Associate, New Venture Labs
We seek an individual for technical support of the Biological Discovery within the New Venture Labs. The individual will be involved in the characterization of therapeutic protein molecules that are being identified and developed for eventual application in Moderna's RNA platform. This position will support antibody and biologic molecule discovery programs. The ideal candidate will have previously demonstrated the capability to function in a fast-paced environment on cross-functional teams.
- Small scale cell culture for mammalian protein expression and to support cell based assays.
- Chromatographic purification and characterization of expressed proteins to confirm structure and function.
- Evaluate molecular functions using a variety of in vitro binding assays.
- Collaborate closely with other team members on the program to achieve program goals.
- Record, organize, communicate and present results as appropriate.
- BS with 3 years of industry experience in biological engineering, biology, or other related discipline.
- Hands on experience with culture of cell lines, primary cells, experience in cell transfection.
- Lab experience in small scale protein purification techniques, including affinity and size exclusion chromatography.
- Able to assess protein activities using a variety of in vitro binding assays including, FACS, Octet and/or Biacore.
- Experience and understanding of multi-color flow cytometry.
- Able to understand and execute fundamental molecular biology techniques, i.e. transfections.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to work independently and effectively in a highly dynamic environment
- Experience with analytical HPLC and FPLC systems for purification and characterization of proteins.
- Experience with either the ForteBio Octet system and/or BIAcore.
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively collaborate effectively in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment.
- Ability to operate independently
- Attentive to details