Are you a designer-draughtsperson specialised in HVAC/sanitation with excellent knowledge of the Autocad and/or Revit software packages? Do you have experience in the dimensioning and integration of building services for tertiary or industrial structures? Join us and put your skills and creativity to work for the benefit of CERN's building projects. CERN's facilities include 700 surface buildings and 60 km of tunnels spanning the border between France and Switzerland.
As designer-draughtsperson specialising in building services, you will be assigned the following tasks:
* Carrying out HVAC/sanitation studies in 2D and 3D using the Autocad and Revit software packages, for new building service installations or the modification of existing installations in tertiary or industrial structures.
* Coordinating and integrating the various building services, in close collaboration with the civil-engineering draughtspersons.
* Creating execution plans and drawings, taking account of technical and legal requirements.
* Consulting equipment suppliers' catalogues.
* Dimensioning calculations for installation flow rates and pipe diameters
Higher technical diploma in the field of building project design or equivalent training or experience.
This post requires proven experience in the following fields:
* Pro ject design for heating, ventilation and air conditioning in tertiary and industrial building projects.
* Design of building service installations (drawings and piping and instrumentation diagrams (PID)).
* Coordination and integration of building services: heating, ventilation, air conditioning, sanitation and control, etc.
* 3D software (Autocad and/or Revit).
* Experience of Revit or other 3D software such as Inventor, Allplan, Sketchup, etc. would be an advantage.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
* 3D & 2D technical drawing.
* Design and integration of HVAC/sanitation systems.
* Design and construction of industrial and tertiary buildings.
* Integration of building services.
* Knowledge of HVAC/sanitation standards and equipment.
The languag e competencies required are:
* Spoken and written English or French: ability to understand and speak the other language in routine situations.
Note on Employment & Eligibility Conditions
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 02.10.2017.
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require :
* Work in radiation areas (in exceptional circumstances).
* A valid driving licence
For more information please visit: http://jobs.web.cern.ch/job/12522
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and