Graduate Researcher - Engineering - Typhon Treatment Systems Ltd
Typhon Treatment Systems Ltd
3 Year Enterprise-led Funded PhD
Development of a swirl induction device for the high flow rate Typhon UV LED water treatment reactor
The goal of this research and design process is to develop a Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) modelling capability verified and calibrated by experimental modelling to optimise the component design, geometrical shape and performance of the Typhon water treatment equipment.
Typhon's patent-pending design on a geometrical configuration of UV LED's for use in high flow rate biological and chemical water treatment applications has the potential for 90% energy savings compared with current mercury lamp technology.
Applicants should have an engineering degree.
Enterprise and Collaborative Partners
Typhon Treatment Systems are an innovative start-up company who design and manufacture UV LED water treatment technology and equipment. Currently focused on two key areas:
- biological disinfection for inactivation of pathogens; and
- photochemical oxidation processes for removal of chemical water contaminants.
By joining the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation, you will:
- Receive £15,000 tax free per year
- Have your postgraduate tuition fees paid for by your partner business, worth c£4,195/year (fees for Non-EU/UK graduates are subsidised from £17,510/year to £13,315/year). See Lancaster University website for published rates by year of entry.
- Become part of a cohort of graduates working with an award-winning team on business-led R&D.
- Finish in a strong position to enter a competitive job market in the UK and overseas.
This post is subject to confirmation of funding.
18th September 2017
Start Date: October 2017
How to Apply
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
This post is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and