Manages inventory related transactions within the RIMS application to insure perpetual inventory levels can be properly maintained. Responsible for processing stockroom withdrawals, replenishment orders, receipts and inventory adjustments as required. Will assists the customer and sales in resolving problems, expediting back orders and generating necessary reports. Works closely with the inventory planner to review usage trends and adjust inventory stocking levels when required.
Manages all transactions within RIMS including scanner uploads, web orders, receipts, replenishments and reports. Performs inventory adjustments to facilitate cycle counts and physical inventories. Is responsible for managing returns of product from remote stocking areas to distribution centers. Performs RGAs within the mainframe to support returns within RIMS stockrooms. Coordinates inventory requirements with sales, customer, Managed Services, distribution centers and buyers. Maintains variance reports to insure proper fiscal controls. Manages Unity Lab Services group mailbox and purchasing backorder database. Manages scheduled reporting functions for the entire RIMS team. Reviews and expedites backorder reports to prevent stock-out situations. Runs “Query reports” to effectively manage the inventory at each site. Partners with Finance, Fisher DC's, sales managers, RIMS support, PM's, & on-site representatives. Conducts periodic inventories as dictated by the account. Weekly, monthly or quarterly. Maintains RIMS data including building stockrooms, adding/deleting part records, establishing and maintaining max values and reorder points. Works with inventory planner to evaluate usage/trend reports and adjust inventory levels as necessary. Communicate velocity analysis to all appropriate parties and drives action to support the inventory recommendations. Documents and maintains Standard Operating Procedures per location. Provides application support to remote site specialists. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent required.
- At least two years of call center, inventory management or supply chain experience preferred.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with various levels of the customer's organization and Thermo Fisher.
- Must have excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to help others multi-task and prioritize their work and to prioritize own work, such as multiple projects and assignments, and to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively and professionally present information and respond to questions or customer related requests.
- Must possess the motivation to work independently and be part of a team.
- Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Professional applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
Works in an office environment the majority of the time. Occasional travel to local sites is required for training purposes.
Support the Quality Management System by:
- Development, maintenance and full adherence to departmental work instructions, standard operating procedures (SOP's) in fulfillment of the requirements of our Quality Management System and the expectations of our interested parties (internal / external).
- Identify and report quality or compliance concerns to management and the quality function and take immediate actions to remedy.
· Complete all planned or unplanned quality & compliance training requirements within defined deadlines
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.