Smart Vue - Technical Support Specialist II -
Provides post sales support (via telephone, fax and e-mail or direct travel to work site) to address technical product issues.
- Adhere to Thermo Fisher Scientific protocols, consistencies and procedures
- Ensures that Thermo Fisher's customer satisfaction objectives are met or exceeded.
- Provide high level of customer service to existing and new customer base.
- Contribute to service knowledge base by creating and uploading articles (i.e. manuals, procedures, troubleshooting guides)
- Demonstrate high levels of customer facing soft skills.
- Interface closely with sales, service, and management to ensure customer satisfaction is maximized.
- Effectively communicates and exchanges information among team members.
- Support Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodology and participate in initiatives as required.
- Responsible for meeting all required department and company training goals and expectations.
- Maintains communication with customer to ensure understanding of status, cost, and timing of all aspects of the service event.
- Schedules assigned customers, performs corrective actions and reports repetitive or costly repair issues.
- Conducts technical diagnosis of operational problems on various types of laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Enters data into Service Management system.
- General technical knowledge of multiple Thermofisher product sets.
- Keeps up to date on new product introductions, technologies, market changes, competitors' products and new customer applications.
- Enters various types of data (i.e. service order, invoicing, RMA, etc.) into computer system.
- Participates in depot repairs, training, etc. (may be on a Rotational basis).
- Supports the Quality System and Quality Policy by following procedures/work instructions and creating records to meet the requirements of the Quality System Regulation and ISO registration.
- Works closely with Product Technical Specialists in the development of technical publications.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of Thermo products within customer environment.
- Maintains records of all service events per organizational policy.
- Promotes and sells various types of extended warranty/PM contracts on equipment, user training, and Service Replacement Orders.
- Advises sales representatives of potential selling opportunities within accounts.
- Support the Quality Management System by:
- Development, maintenance and full adherence to departmental work instructions, standard operating procedures (SOP's) in fulfillment of the requirements of our Quality Management System and the expectations of our interested parties (internal / external).
- Identify and report quality or compliance concerns to management and the quality function and take immediate actions to remedy.
- Complete all planned or unplanned quality & compliance training requirements within defined deadlines
- This position involves access to export controlled technology which is subject to U.S. Department of Commerce export control regulations. Otherwise qualified candidates must meet these export control requirements or a deemed export license from the Commerce Department before a final job offer can be extended.
- AS Degree in Information Technologies Preferred, but will consider 5+ years of experience in IT field.
- Prior technical support experience strongly preferred.
- 1-2 years customer service experience preferred.
- Smart Vue system trained and certified at the Advanced level.
- Working knowledge in the use of Team Viewer for remote access.
- Working knowledge TCP/IP Networking functions.
- Working knowledge of Windows system including Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Working Knowledge of MySQL Databases.
- Awareness level knowledge of Insight wireless monitoring systems.
- Additional product support for other LPD products as determined by Team manager.
- Basic electronics & refrigeration experience a plus.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
- Excellent Computer skills required; efficiency in Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills required; both oral and written.
- Technical proficiency in instrumentation and electronics.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong inter-personal, self-motivational, & negotiating skills.
- Technical/professional license may be required depending on product responsibility (EPA).
- Must be able to travel for training and other events as directed by Manager, including overnight stays. Travel is typically less than 50% but is subject to change and is dependent upon business needs.
This position involves access to export controlled technology which is subject to U.S. Department of Commerce export control regulations. Otherwise qualified candidates must meet these export control requirements or a deemed export license from the Commerce Department before a final job offer can be extended.
This position is Not eligible for relocation assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.