PhD offer on "Modeling and characterization of high-speed interconnects (antennas and transmissio...
You will be recruited for 3 years as a researcher / R&D engineer at the R&D center of Delphi Connection Systems and will prepare a PhD thesis in collaboration with the Institut d'Electronique et de Télécommunications de Rennes (IETR, www.ietr.fr). This research research work will be carried out both at IETR, Rennes, France and at Delphi Automotive, Epernon, France.
The PhD offer is entitled:
Modeling and characterization of high-speed interconnects (antennas and transmission lines) at millimeter waves for automotive applications.
This research project aims to study high-speed transmission lines and interconnects at millimeter waves, covering non-exhaustive items list as below:
- Theoretical study of wave propagation on transmission lines at very high frequencies (dispersion analysis, propagation modes, insertion loss, etc.),
- Design of such transmission lines and material selection,
- Study of possible interconnect solutions to launch millimeter-wave signals into the transmission lines,
- Selection of possible fabrication techniques (milling, molding, additive manufacturing),
- Design of proof-of-concepts and experimental characterization.
With the support of our R&D teams, you may also interact tightly with various manufacturers to develop experimental prototypes. This research work will contribute to the development of computer-aided design tools for high-speed transmissions and interconnects at millimeter-waves for automotive applications.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and