Project Officer - EURAMET eV
NPL hosts a management support unit for two large-scale European metrology research programmes jointly funded by the European Union and participating countries within EURAMET eV. The programmes support large pan-European collaborative research projects in measurement science.
Responsibilities and Duties
We are looking for a Project Officer to join a team administering two large-scale European metrology research programmes. You will play a role in all aspects of programme management from developing calls for funding, through project evaluation and grant negotiation to project monitoring and closure. You will work closely with the programme manager and assist the research community supported by the programmes.
Your duties would include:
- Preparing documents for funding calls
- Preparing proposal evaluation documents
- Promoting the programmes
- Organising and facilitating the proposal evaluation process
- Negotiating funding grants
- Monitoring funding projects
- Providing support to the research community bidding for and delivering projects
- Supporting the programme management committee
- Reporting to the European Commission
Skills and experience
- Substantial project management experience
- Knowledge and experience of managing or commissioning projects under the EU Framework Programmes, Horizon2020 or similar national schemes, would be a distinct advantage.
- An understanding of the grant application process.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential.
- Desirable experence
- A degree in science or engineering.
Based in a unique, purpose-built research environment, we are located in beautiful surroundings on the edge of Bushy Park, south-west London with a host of onsite facilities. These include a subsidised crèche, restaurant and free parking.
NPL Management Limited is committed to supporting its people to develop both personally and professionally and is committed to equal opportunities. NPL Management Limited is a Stonewall Diversity Champion and an Institute of Physics Project Juno Supporter.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and