Summary: Are you interested in joining a dynamic multi-national team developing safety training activities? Are you interested in working with multi-disciplinary stakeholders, inside or outside CERN? Your competencies can contribute to a safe operation of the world's largest particle accelerator complex and its experimental facilities. Take Part!
Training specialist in the Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental Protection Unit (HSE), Safety Training unit.
In coordination with different stakeholders such as learners, trainers, expe rts, safety officers, supervisor, project leaders, CERN services, IT supports and external training service providers, you will:
* Analyse safety training needs in collaboration with Departments and HSE groups.
* Identify the adequate learning method (classroom, online, etc.).
* Oversee course creation and implementation.
* Analyse and integrate feedback and lessons learnt.
* Participate in the daily operation of the section.
* Setting up and documenting procedures.
* Contribute to the evolution of the Quality Assurance System for Safety Training.
* Follow up on contracts with learning service providers and monitor budget.
* Participate in the development of a Learning Management System for Safety Training.
Master's degree or PhD or equivalent relevant experience in the field of Training engineering, or equivalent.
The experience required for this post is:
* Demonstrated experience in development and implementation of training programmes.
* Experience in teaching.
* Experience in working with learning management systems.
* Experience in designing training courses (didactics and graphics).
Would be an advantage:
* Experience in Quality Assurance.
* Experience with CERN technology and operations (accelerators and/or experiments).
The technical competencies required for this post are:
* Learning: knowledge of state of the art learning methods and tools.
* Use of Database software packages.
* Service level management.
* Quality management.
The language competencies required are:
* Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand and speak both languages in professional contexts as well as the ability to draft texts for publications and/ or official communications and to make oral presentations in both languages.
We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 26.09.2017.
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
* Interventions in underground installations.
* A valid driving licence.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and