Cyber-Security Expert position in the “Security and Trust” Research Unit
The Bruno Kessler Foundation (FBK) conducts research activities in Information Technology, Materials and Microsystems, Theoretical Physics, Mathematics, Italian-Germanic historical studies, Religious studies and International Relations. Through its network, it also develops research in the fields of international relationships, conflict causes and effects, European economic institutions, behavioral economics and evaluative assessment of public policies.
FBK Center for ICT focuses research on key areas of Information Technology with the aim to produce added value for the market, cultural growth, and social welfare. Our research aims to push innovation through the construction of a networked system that involves companies, other research institutions, universities, public bodies, and end-users. FBK ICT research activities focus on three main areas: Engineering, Content, and Interaction. More information about ICT is available at http://ict.fbk.eu
The Security & Trust research unit (ST) of the FBK Center for ICT carries out research and innovation activities in Cyber-Security with the commitment of advancing the state-of-the-art in the field. ST develops techniques for the secure- and privacy-by-design, formal specification, and automated analysis of security-sensitive distributed applications such as those found in web, mobile and cloud computing, IoT and cyber-physical systems. ST main areas of interests are authentication, authorization, access control, data protection, and legal compliance. The ST Research Unit is currently involved in several research and innovation projects in which the developed cyber-security solutions are validated. More information is available at http://st.fbk.eu.
The ST Research Unit is looking for a talented and motivated candidate capable of contributing to the research and innovation activities in which ST is involved, those in the context of mobile and cloud computing as well as those in IoT. The ideal candidate should be able to
- take an active role in the development of innovative cyber-security solutions and customize them to the scenarios of interest for the projects under consideration;
- contribute to the design and development of cyber-security training activities for companies and professionals; and
- participate to the management of the projects in which ST will be involved.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related disciplines;
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of Cyber-Security approaches, including Black- and White-box testing, scanning tools (e.g., IBM AppScan, sqlmap), monitoring tools (e.g., Burp, Fiddler, Wireshark), and IoT Hacking techniques and tools;
- Knowledge of Networking, Web, and Mobile basics, such as TCP/IP protocol, HTTP/S;
- Knowledge of Web and Mobile applications, especially security issues, vulnerabilities, and techniques for their countering;
- Oral and written proficiency in English;
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment;
- Time management, planning and organizational skills.
- Professional experience in Cyber-Security;
- Experience in participation to projects and collaboration with research teams;
- Experience in organizing and delivering professional training courses;
- Experience in the management of projects;
- Ability to work and deliver in funded projects
- Organizational skills including planning, scheduling and reporting (also under pressure).
Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract
Number of position: 1
Gross salary: 33,300 - 38,100 euro per year, depending on candidate's experience
Start date: Beginning of October 2017
End Date: End of September, 2019
Place: Povo, Trento (Italy)
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security, etc., reductions on bank account opening fees, public transportation, sport, language courses fees.
Application Deadline: 19h of September 2017
Candidates must submit their application trough the online form at https://hr.fbk.eu/en/jobs. Please make sure to enclose the following documents with your application (pdf format):
- Detailed CV
- Cover Letter (it should explain the motivation to this specific position)
- Two References (emails and names)
Candidates who will pass the preliminary curricula screening will be contacted shortly afterwards for an interview. Non selected applicants will be notified of their exclusion at the end of the selection process.
Please note that FBK may contact shortlisted candidates within a period of 12 months for the selection process of similar vacancies.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and