Dock Services Site Team Lead
• Lead team of 6 individuals at Customer site with all things related to Shipping and Receiving / Dock Management
• Perform annual performance management discussions, set and assess performance against goals for entire team
• Responsible for training and mentoring of Shipping & Receiving team
• Assist personnel with package receipts, shipments and deliveries.
• Operate a 16 foot box truck for deliveries from the Customer central receiving hub to primary customer facility.
• Provide day to day support to the Logistics support function.
• Shipments include excepted quantity hazardous material.
• Commercial Driver's License (CDL) not required.
• Deliver packages to end-users lab or office location.
• Pick up items inside facility for outgoing shipment requests.
• Track internal package deliveries.
• Match packing slips to packages and verify piece counts and acceptable package conditions.
• Verify and confirm receipt of items in Oracle against packing slips accompanying packages.
• Package items for shipment, create shipping labels, and generate shipping documents.
• Process outbound shipments through FedEx.
• Follow-up on shipment status for end-users when requested.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
• Deliver direct shipment chemical orders to end users laboratory bench.
• Follow well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, Standard Operation Procedures & Work Instructions.
• Communicate any customer issues or potential problems with the Site Supervisor.
• Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientifics' Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
• Work effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
• Embrace Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies.
• Positively Represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• High School Diploma, or equivalent
• Ability to read, write and speak English
• Ability to lift, push and pull 40-50 pounds consistently; May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
• DOT/IATA certification is a plus, but not required
• Work overtime, as required
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
• Strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site
• Demonstrated ability to deliver excellent customer service
• Ability to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in computer systems, as necessary
• Proficient multi-tasking and time management skills
• Maintain a professional appearance at all times
• Computer literate and intermediate skills in Microsoft Office
• Individual will be required to report to a customer location, in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments
• Extensive walking is required
• May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc.)
• Must be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks
• Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment (PPE) must be worn to include lab coats, safety glasses and safety gloves.
• Individual will be expected to work Monday through Fridays, 8 hours per day
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.