Tenure Track Assistant Professorship in Strategic and International Management
Copenhagen Business School (CBS) invites applications for a vacant tenure track Assistant Professorship in Strategic and International Management at the Department of Strategic Management and Globalization (SMG). The Assistant Professorship will involve research and teaching within the area of Strategic and International Management.
SMG employs an international group of 13 full-time faculty members, as well as several part-timers, postdocs and PhD students. The core research and teaching area of the Department is strategic and international management. This includes themes like the creation and implementation of global strategies, the role of individuals and teams in knowledge-based competitive advantage, strategic entrepreneurship, human capital, offshoring and internationalization of firms, innovation, and the impact of informal and formal structures on firm performance. Over the past five years CBS ranks 6th in the world for research output published in Strategic Management Journal and Journal of International Business Studies, the leading specialist outlets in SMG's domain. SMG faculty have received many research awards from the AoM, AIB, and SMS. They also serve in various governance roles in these organizations and in editor and editorial board roles at leading journals. SMG faculty teach core and elective courses in strategic and international management at all levels, including bachelors, masters, PhD, and (executive) MBA programs, and the department is strongly committed to course development and innovative teaching. The quality standard of teaching at the department is high.
The assistant professorship is a tenure track position position of 6 years with research and teaching obligations.
To fulfil the research requirements of the position, the applicant(s) chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department. The successful applicant is obliged to participate in the assistant professor program at CBS on teaching principles and methods in order to fulfil the pedagogical requirements made at the end of the term of employment as assistant professor.
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs, including Executive Education
- Individual and group based research meeting high international standards
- Promoting CBS's academic reputation
- Initiating, fund raising and coordinating research projects
- Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the department and to CBS-wide tasks
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS's stakeholders in particular
- Research, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline
- Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching
- Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
The assistant professor is expected to contribute to the development and application of the research of the department's research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS's international research position.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and