District Sales Manager
*As a Sales Professional, it's rewarding to know that by serving my customer, I am making a big difference in so many people's lives.” -Sam, Commercial Director
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, and you'll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Immunodiagnostics Division (IDD) of develops, manufactures and markets complete blood testsystems to support the clinical diagnosis and monitoring of allergy, asthma and autoimmune diseases.
With 1,500 employees based in 25 countries worldwide, IDD is the global leader in in-vitro allergy testing, and also the European leader in autoimmunity diagnostics.
The District Sales Manager will coach, train and develop sales representatives to build a strong, progressive, and motivated work team as well as providing team leadership.
- Participate in selecting high-quality representatives throughout the recruiting process.
- Exhibit ongoing effectiveness in coaching staff to detail disease concept message.
- Formulate and direct the implementation of district action plan.
- Meet and/or exceed established sales goals.
- Establish and manage on-going procedures/processes for communication of information necessary for accomplishing district objectives.
- Oversee the proper use of all corporate resources and assets to ensure that they are used and maintained.
- Know, comply, and enforce applicable corporate and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years multi-discipline sales experience
- 2-5 years diagnostic, medical device, or pharmaceutical district manager or equivalent management experience OR documented career progression within industry including management development
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's level degree preferred
- Strong communications and human relations skills
- Demonstrated selling skills, leadership skills, training/coaching/development abilities and business acumen.
- Strong initiative, judgment and decision-making ability
- The ability to plan, organize, and adapt
- Strong business information systems knowledge, computer literacy, and analytical ability.
- A working knowledge of upper/lower respiratory products and disease processes
- The ability to travel 50 - 80% extensively throughout the territory (TX, CO, OK, NM)
This position has not been approved for relocation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 55,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research,solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity.
Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.