Staff Hardware Test Engineer
The Staff Hardware Test Engineer is tasked to evaluate and test products during Product Development stage from original concept through post-production to verify that they function according to specifications and standards.
Will work with product development teams, and fulfill both a technical leadership role in mentoring other team members and a project leadership role in helping the team navigate through assignment and performance conflicts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Product Development Verification and Validation:
· Represent the testing perspective in review meetings of requirements and specifications
· Develop a testing strategy for all functional aspects of the product
· Participate in Product level testing (inclusive of chemistry testing)
· Reporting testing results
· Provide assistance to manufacturing for development/optimizing Quality Control test methodologies
Product "Post Production" Testing support:
· Consult with Development Engineers and Service Representatives to reproduce reported errors
· Update test instructions for design changes
· Perform Post-production product testing
· Report testing results
Minimum Qualifications/ Requirements
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent
- Proficient in Systems Test Methodology development, automation, and archiving
- Proven ability to successfully lead a testing team through a significant product development project
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Master's degree (M.S. or M.A.) or equivalent
- Four-plus years' experience in Ion Chromatography operation and verification.
· Proficient or proficient in Chromeleon 7 Instrument Control Methods, Automation Techniques, and Quantitation
This position has not been approved to provide relocation assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.