Site Specialist II- Inventory Management
- Follows well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP's & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisor/Manager (and Team Lead) regarding daily duties.
- Makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements independently.
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Thermo Fisher reports to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements are met.
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems.
- Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times.
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies.
- Utilizes systems as required by job function.
- Represents Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations, professionally and positively.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Adhere to safety requirements
- Development, maintenance and full adherence to departmental work instructions, standard operating procedures (SOP's) in fulfillment of the requirements of our Quality Management System and the expectations of our interested parties (internal / external).
- Identify and report quality or compliance concerns to management and the quality function and take immediate actions to remedy.
- Complete all planned or unplanned quality & compliance training requirements within defined deadlines
- Stockroom / POU management, dispensing of product, and follow direction / coordination of affiliated stockroom activities.
- Perform on-site program replenishments and disbursements.
- Perform stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer and program requirements.
- Remove cardboard and trash as needed (detrashing).
- Deliver direct shipment orders to end users.
- Metrics reporting and creation
- Perform order entry, order expediting, customer service call resolution, return goods authorization, processing of backorders.
- Facilitate vendor and customer interaction, problem resolution, executing 3rd party & agent buys
- May assist in the cross training of associates and the training of new hires
- Cross-train in and provide coverage for additional ULS services when necessary, including but not limited to Glassware, Material Handling, Media Prep, Lab Support, Surplus Asset Management
- Must possess a minimum High School Diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
- 1-3 years of progressive relevant experience required
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics' Four-I Values
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred
- Experience in GLP/GMP environment a plus
- Proven excellence in customer service skills
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment
- Computer/software skills (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must possess strong communication skills and customer focus to deliver excellent customer service including maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must possess strong analytical skills to reconcile various reports to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
- Must be able to use a computer and possess intermediate skills in Microsoft Office suite.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently at a customer location.
- Extensive walking is required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc)
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 50 pounds consistently.
- Must be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets, safety gloves, and safety glasses.
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.