Service Engineer II
Position Summary: Field based position that works at customer sites to ensure that equipment is operating at an optimum level by providing repair, preventative, maintenance, diagnostic, and validation services. Provides generalist level support to one or more Thermo product line, family or application. Products include, Lab Refrigerator/ Freezers, Ultra Low freezers, centrifuges, ultra pure water products, ovens, incubators, biosafety cabinets and cell washers.
Evaluates and Resolves Customer Equipment Issues:
- Ensures customer satisfaction through excellence in repair and support of customers' products.
- Maintains communication with customer to ensure understanding of status, cost, and timing of all aspects of the service event.
- Provides courteous and knowledgeable response to technical issues, meeting commitments in a timely manner.
- Serves as a customer advocate and ensures that technical issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Manages escalation of unresolved technical issues to Technical Support.
- Adheres to Thermo Fisher Scientific protocols, consistencies and procedures.
Performs Installations, Customer Training and Maintenance:
- Performs technical diagnosis of operational problems and repairs/calibrations on wide range of laboratory equipment to ensure that the equipment is operating to the customer's complete satisfaction and manufacture specifications. Products include, Lab Refrigerator/ Freezers, Ultra Low freezers, centrifuges, ultra pure water products, ovens, incubators, biosafety cabinets and cell washers.
- In addition to training end users and distributors, serves as a source of technical product knowledge and trains, as required, other service engineers and provides supervision as required in the course of this duty.
- Performs technical evaluations on product changes and on new products, including software verification, collection of performance data, assessment of user friendliness, ease of maintenance, etc. Provide written reports on evaluations.
- Assists with customer training, by preparing instruments and supplies as well as giving presentations.
Manages Internal Processes:
- Enters various types of data (i.e. service log, invoicing, knowledge retention, etc.) into computer system.
- Participates in depot repairs via equipment repairs, training, etc. (may be on a rotational basis).
- Supports the Quality System and Quality Policy by following procedures/work instructions and creating records to meet the requirements of the Quality System Regulation and ISO registration.
- Assists Accounts Receivable Department in collecting past due invoices.
- Assists in the development of manuals and technical information.
- Maintains spare parts inventory, tools, manuals and test equipment.
- Maintains records of all service events per organizational policy.
- Promotes and sells various types of extended warranty/PM contracts on equipment, user training, and Service Replacement Orders.
- Advises sales representatives of potential selling opportunities within accounts.
- Technical school degree in Refrigeration or Electronics or scientific field, or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of equivalent job related experience, preferably supporting laboratory equipment.
- Technical proficiency in instrumentation and electronics.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills; ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Strong inter-personal, self-motivational, & negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication skills, working across all levels, functions and regions
- Excellent Computer skills required; efficiency in Word and Excel.
- Willingness to travel for training.
No relocation is provided for this position.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.