Doctoral candidate (PhD student) : Robots Control for stable manipulation and grasping tasks in i...
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The Robotic Research Team of the Research Unit Engineering Sciences (RUES) consists of highly motivated researchers, working in a multi-disciplinary research environment with industry partners and other universities. We are looking for a versatile engineer and invite applications for a Doctoral Candidate (PhD student): Robots Control for stable manipulation and grasping tasks in industrial environment.
- Fixed- term 14 months initial contract, extendable to 36 months, full-time (40h/week)
- Ref: R-AGR-3275-10
- Employee and PhD student status
We are looking for a versatile engineer, capable to investigate, research, and implement a novel robotic control laws, of high variant products. Objects recognition, Stable Grasping and Manipulation will be considered. The research PhD project will investigate innovative strategies for manipulation of wide variety of parts; ensure their stability and avoid their deformation during an assembly process.
- Investigate, research and implement novel control laws of objects recognition and manipulation
- Investigate innovative strategies for Loading/unloading parts from conveyors and feeding systems, Loading/unloading nested parts from trays or boxes, Part placement.
- Integration of robotic systems intelligent control to adapt new products
- Contribution to the education of undergraduate students
- Regular publication of scientific results and leading to a PhD thesis
For further information, please contact:
- Master degree in Mechatronic Engineering, or related subjects
- Solid background in robotics, automation, assembly process planning
- Experience in project management / an industrial background is highly appreciated
- Proficient command of English is mandatory, French and/or German is appreciated
- Previous experience in robotic manipulation is highly appreciated
The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer.
You will work in an exciting international environment and will have the opportunity to participate in the development of a newly created research center.
Gender policy: UL strives to increase the share of female PhD students. Therefore, we explicitly encourage women to apply.
Before proceeding with the submission of your application ONLINE, please prepare the following documents in English.
- Curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter detailing how you meet the selection criteria.
- Publication list (if applicable)
- Coordinates of two persons willing to send a letter of recommendation
- Copies of diplomas, transcripts with grades, with English translation
All documents should be uploaded in pdf format
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and