Senior Site Specialist
This position is focused on service delivery excellence for UnityTM Lab Services. Specific activities relative to the job function could include: inventory management. This position will utilize the functionality of systems and applications relevant to the job function, such as: RIMS, chemical management software, procurement applications, and the Microsoft Office suite of programs. Customer interface communication skills are required. It is also expected that this position will have a basic understanding of the performance metrics applicable to site specific activities.
- Follows well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP's & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisor/Manager (and Team Lead) regarding daily duties.Makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements, independently.Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Thermo Fisher reports to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements are met.Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems.Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times.Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies.Utilizes systems as required by job function.Represents Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations, professionally and positively.Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Inventory Management:Stockroom / POU management, dispensing of product, and direction / coordination of affiliated stockroom activities.Perform on-site program replenishments and disbursements.Perform stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer requirements.Remove cardboard and trash as needed (detrashing).Deliver direct shipment orders to end users.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Fisher.Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics' Four-I Values.Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred; experience in GLP/GMP environment a plus.Must possess a High School Diploma.Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc)May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.Must be able to work overtime as requiredExtensive walking may be required.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.Must possess strong communication skills and customer focus to deliver excellent customer service including maintaining a professional appearance at all times.Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.Must possess strong analytical skills to reconcile various reports to ensure customer requirements are met.Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.Must be able to use a computer and possess intermediate skills in Microsoft Office suite of software.
- May be required to work independently at a customer location.Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets, safety gloves, and safety glasses.Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.