FutureNeuro Strategic Business Development Manager
Job Title: FutureNeuro Strategic Business Development Manager
Location: RCSI Dublin
Reporting to: Prof David Henshall, Physiology and Medical Physics
Term of office: Specified Purpose
Salary: Up to €80,000 (dependent on experience)
Proposed Start date: November 2017
The FutureNeuro Centre is a new national research centre based at the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland that brings together leading researchers and clinicians from universities and hospitals across Ireland to perform internationally recognised research into the diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of neurological diseases and collaborate with industry in a manner that makes an important contribution to Ireland and its economy. The FutureNeuro Centre (“Centre”) is co-funded by Science Foundation Ireland and Industry under the SFI Research Centres Programme for six years initially. The Centre is supported by a core SFI budget of €8M.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with strong business development, management and leadership experience to be the Centre's Strategic Business Development Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the growth of the Centre through the development of new high-value industry-academia partnerships and supporting the establishment and expansion of existing industry partnerships. S/he will also support the management of the Centre Operations Team and function as the primary contact for external stakeholders.
1.2 Specific Responsibilities include:
Although the post-holder may be asked to take on other responsibilities as required during the growth and evolvement of the FutureNeuro Centre, the role has the following core remits:
Strategic Responsibilities include:
- Support the Centre Director to develop and execute strategic initiatives to ensure the Centre's growth and long-term sustainability.
- Develop and execute a strategy to grow income and investment from industry in alignment with the overall objectives of the Centre.
- Act as the Centre's point-of-contact for key external stakeholders including new and existing industry partners and governmental agencies.
- Create a culture of openness, entrepreneurialism and excellence across the Centre.
Business development responsibilities:
- Develop a rich pipeline of relevant potential industry partners for the FutureNeuro Centre.
- Work closely with Centre Investigators to identify, scope and secure funding for collaborative and fully funded projects with suitable national and international industry partners.
- Work closely with relevant support functions in RCSI and its partner RPOs to structure, negotiate and conclude co-funded and fully-funded research collaboration agreements with existing and new FutureNeuro industry partners.
- Manage interactions between Centre Investigators and its industry partners post agreement conclusion to maximise the potential for repeat business.
- Prepare industry-facing marketing material to showcase the FutureNeuro opportunity and associated expertise, intellectual property, equipment, infrastructure, funding opportunities available to FutureNeuro Industry Partners.
- Monitor relevant research initiatives, trends and industry shifts in order to maintain Centre relevance to industry.
- Work with National Agencies such as Enterprise Ireland, IDA and Science Foundation Ireland to build Centre's links with industry and ensure maximum socio-economic impact from Centre's Industry collaborations.
- Ensure timely reporting of Business Development issues to the Directors, the Board, Host Institution and other stakeholders.
- Work closely with RCSI and its Partner RPOs to ensure timely evaluation, protection and commercialisation of Intellectual Property arising from Centre's research programme.
- Develop Industry partnerships that will enable the FutureNeuro Centre be successful in securing SFI Spoke, EI Innovation Partnership and H2020 funding.
Administrative and Management responsibilities include:
- Support the Centre Director to deliver the Centre's strategic and operational requirements including the co-ordination and management of: new and existing partners; governance and advisory boards; and the Centre Operations team.
- Liaise closely with the Finance teams in RCSI and its partner RPOs to develop and monitor industry cash and in‐kind expenditure and produce reports and projections in relation to same.
- Organise workshops, meetings and open days to enable Centre to foster and develop an entrepreneurial culture, and inter-company collaboration.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and