Position Summary: Position has the assignment under the direction of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager to lead the efforts in designing and qualifying new control systems as well as maintaining and upgrading existing control systems. Responsibilities include managing the specification, design, build and implementation of control systems. Additionally this position will identify, develop, and qualify current process improvements to drive improved productivity, capacity, cost reduction, and efficiencies. The position is also involved in risk management and increasing product reliability and quality.
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- Minimum 5 years experience in process/manufacturing engineering in a production environment
- Design and develop new control systems
- Ability to work independently
- Program and maintain PLCs (Allen Bradley), HMI and SCADA systems
- Experience in CAD design suites to generate schematics or controls system design (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, etc.)
- Test, maintain and modify existing systems
- Analyze data and present findings in written reports
- Work collaboratively with design engineers, operation engineers, and operators to develop and improve processes
- Understand and ensure compliance with relevant health and safety regulations and quality standards
- Specify and source components
- Experience with engineering tools and methods for core tasks such as experimentation (DOE), risk assessment (FMEA), process control (SPC), and statistical analysis
- Experience in the specification, validation, and qualification of manufacturing equipment and processes
- Experience in managing engineering projects within budgetary limits and time constraints
- Self motivated with good problem solving skills
- Proficient in technical writing including engineering protocols and reports as well as development and implementation of procedures
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience in design and implementation of automation systems for high-mix/low-volume production desired
- Medical Device/Biopharmaceutical manufacturing (i.e. GMP, FDA, ISO13485) experience desired
- Less than 10% anticipated travel
- Engineering/Technical Degree and minimum 5 years applicable experience in manufacturing/process engineering or related fields.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.