Pharmacological Biomolecular Chemist, Concordia University Wisconsin
Pharmacological Biomolecular Chemist
Concordia University Wisconsin
Concordia University Wisconsin, a Lutheran higher education institution in Mequon, Wisconsin, committed to helping students grow in mind, spirit, and body, is currently seeking a qualified and motivated professional to fill a permanent full-time position as Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor in the Department of Pharmaceutical and Administrative Sciences of the School of Pharmacy. The successful candidate will possess a strong record of applying chemical and structural biological tools to understanding and developing biologic pharmaceuticals.
Potential candidates are desired who are dedicated to excellence in teaching, research, and service, and meet the following qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biomolecular Chemistry, or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Exemplary teaching or research scholarship in the pharmacology of biologically based therapies;
- Experience teaching professional students (e.g., Pharm.D., M.S., M.D., Ph.D.).
Preferably, that candidate would also:
- Have experience in structural chemistry, design, and development of biologics, e.g. antibodies and cytokines;
- Teach drug design, manufacture, delivery, immunological, and/or other pharmacological issues of biologic therapies.
- Demonstrate the potential to attract external funding;
- Have teaching and research interests complimentary to those existing within the Department and University;
The faculty member’s primary responsibilities will include, but is not limited to:
- Teaching Pharm.D. students in the department course series;
- Advising and mentoring Pharm.D. and M.S. students;
- Collaborating with scientists within the School and with other colleges and universities;
- Providing service to others, i.e. participation in School committees and external organizations
The Department of Pharmaceutical and Administrative Sciences is responsible for the teaching in the area of biomedical sciences, pharmacodynamics, medicinal chemistry, toxicology, pharmaceutics, pharmacy administration, and pharmacogenomics. The department is responsible for the development, delivery, and refinement of all courses offered in these areas. Contact Michael Pickart, PhD, email@example.com for more information.
Application screening will begin immediately and will continue until filled.
Interested candidates should send: a letter of interest with completed employment application; curriculum vitae with names and contact information of three references; statement of planned research; and teaching philosophy to:
Job ID: 563516 Human Resources – Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Sciences Position
Concordia University Wisconsin, whose campus is on the Lake Michigan shore, is just 20 minutes from downtown Milwaukee. It is an accredited, co-educational, liberal arts school offering undergraduate majors, graduate programs, and adult education undergraduate majors.