SickKids Launches Recruitment Campaign
Join our growing team!
Multiple positions available: Scientist/Clinician-Scientist
SickKids Research Institute invites applications for permanent positions at the Scientist faculty level. We are seeking highly motivated individuals with expertise in the following areas:
Who are we?
The SickKids Research Institute is Canada’s largest hospital-based paediatric research institute. Our 21-story state-of-the-art Peter Gilgan Centre for Research & Learning Tower is located in the Discovery District of downtown Toronto in close proximity to seven other academic hospitals/research centres and Canada’s largest university. This beautiful city hosts one of the largest and most productive clusters of medical and health researchers in North America with a strong commitment from the Federal and Provincial governments for the advancement of science.
As the most ethnically diverse city in the world with 230 different nationalities calling Toronto home and consistently ranked amongst the top 5 most livable cities in the world, Toronto is a great place to work, play and discover.
What do we offer?
The successful candidates will be part of a dynamic, passionate and collaborative scientific team. In addition, they will also be appointed to one of SickKids Research Institutes’ seven integrated programs, with a cross-appointment at the appropriate academic level at The University of Toronto.
What is available?
The following will be made available to successful candidates:
- A competitive start up package and salary
- Access to our core facilities: Genomics, Proteomics, Microscopy, Animal services and others, providing a strong foundation for success
- Stellar trainee support
- A rich, diverse and collaborative scientific community
- Vigorous philanthropic support
Applications will be accepted until November 10th, 2017.
SickKids is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and others who may contribute to diversity within our organization. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, candidates legally eligible to work in Canada and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. Only those applicants selected for the interview will be contacted.
Reference: rare disease, genetics, gene discovery, gene therapy, genomics, clinical trialist, bayesian decision analysis, membrane-less organelles, phase separation
More jobs like this
- Healthcare/Hospital Full Time Life Sciences jobs in Toronto
- Healthcare/Hospital Full Time Developmental Biology jobs in Toronto
- Healthcare/Hospital Full Time Genetics jobs in Toronto
- Healthcare/Hospital Full Time Genomics jobs in Toronto
- Healthcare/Hospital Full Time Molecular Biology jobs in Toronto