Consumer and Customer Insights Program Manager
We are looking for an exceptionally creative, strategic, and analytical individual to join the Fisher Scientific channel of Thermo Fisher Scientific as a Consumer and Customer Insights Program Manager. The successful candidate will contribute to the success of our company by using various information sources and research techniques to develop an in-depth understanding of our customers in new and established markets, as well as their perceptions, behaviors, and preferences across key touchpoints.
This position is part of a fast-paced, high-performance Marketing Analytics & Insights team where innovation and intensity are highly valued. The ideal candidate will be curious by nature and driven to discover impactful insights, delivering thoughtful recommendations through compelling presentations to influence business decisions and maximize business value.
- Improve our ability to gain market share by generating research to inform individualized commercial and marketing approaches in new and established markets
- Plan, execute, and analyze qualitative and quantitative research studies using a range of approaches to best achieve business objectives
- Conduct market research to identify opportunities to enter new markets based on compelling events such as new market trends, new technology adoption, and competitive offerings, along with an understanding of the company’s resources and constraints
- Develop research on individual markets (e.g., biotech, pharma, wineries/breweries), with focus on high margin business development opportunities
- Extract information from qualitative and quantitative data and turn it into compelling insights and stories that help our stakeholders become more successful
- Develop tools and processes for sharing intel quickly and broadly, e.g., newsletters and dashboards
- Engage in regular dialogue with members of the sales team in order to ensure that their feedback and needs are incorporated into customer insights initiatives
- Work with cross-functional partners to communicate the findings of customer research projects and identify implications for functional and divisional strategy
- Identify and investigate new research methods and data sources to continually improve the value of market and customer intelligence to the organization.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in the design, execution, and analysis of qualitative and quantitative market research studies, with a focus on customer insights
- Adept in drafting, executing, and analyzing surveys, conducting face-to-face interviews, running virtual roundtables to solicit customer feedback, recruiting participants for market research studies, and communicating results
- Experience with variety of study types, including buying journey, brand assessment, market segmentation, concept testing, value proposition creation and testing, and advertising research
- Highly driven, results-oriented, detail-oriented, self-directed creative and nimble problem solver who uses technical data analytics skills coupled with customer and market research skills and a willingness to do “whatever it takes” to drive business value quickly
- Able to take customer, competitor, and market insights and weave them into critical sales and marketing deliverables (e.g., battle cards, launch plans, market analyses, playbooks)
- Proven track record of consistently producing deliverables that are well-written and contain helpful information, providing solid and actionable recommendations
- Ability to quickly understand patterns within large quantities of data, synthesize information from multiple sources, and distill findings into meaningful, actionable insights
- Solid organization, project management, time management, and planning skills
- A good level of understanding of current and upcoming market and competitor dynamics in a major customer segment served by our business will be a plus
- BA or BS degree in related field (including, but not limited to, Psychology, Market Research)
- Exceptional verbal/written communication, listening, and presentation skills
- Expert Microsoft Office skills
- Proficient in SPSS or other statistical software
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.