Sr. Mechanical Engineer
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
We are searching for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our design team to develop novel mass spectrometers and associated products. You will collaborate with a broad team of engineers and scientists researching new technologies and bringing them to market. Your contribution will make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists to design components, assemblies, and processes used by the scientific instruments industry.
- Apply these efforts coupled with advanced knowledge of mechanical engineering and design, to proof-of-concept experiments, new product development, and product enhancements.
- Add technical leadership and system engineering expertise to a team of engineers and technicians in designing highly competitive analytical instrumentation.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering and 10+ years of work experience.
- Experience in 3-D solid modeling: Solidworks, Pro/Engineer. Direct experience with Solidworks preferred.
- Experience in conceptualizing innovative and creative designs using strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality product designs with focus on DFM and DFS.
- Experienced in providing technical leadership and system engineering perspective.
- Experience in developing requirements, verification and validation plans and risk analysis.
- Demonstrated innovation, creativity and problem solving skills in a fast paced, global environment.
- Ability to understand and solve complex design challenges both independently and as part of a design team.
- In depth knowledge of GD&T.
- Experience with multiple manufacturing processes (i.e. casting, molding, machining, injection molding etc.)
- Working knowledge of CE and product safety regulatory standards.
- M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience with SAP and Product Center PLM systems.
- Experience with mechanical designs for vacuum and ultra high vacuum systems.
- Working knowledge of electromagnetic fields, Ion optics and detectors, and gas dynamics.
- Experience with scientific instrumentation, medical devices, or semiconductor process systems.
- Excellent project planning capability, with proven ability to drive projects through completion and then the support of existing products through the product lifecycle.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.