A Postdoctoral position is available in the Fu laboratory at the University of Rochester, Department of Biology. Our group investigates the cellular roles of nucleic acid modification enzymes in biological processes ranging from neurodevelopment to the cellular stress response. Current projects are aimed at understanding the role of RNA modifications in human disorders using mammalian tissue culture and mouse models.
Successful candidates are expected to have:
- Ph.D in Molecular Biology, Computational Biology or related field.
- Strong background in transcriptomics, bioinformatics and programming
- Expertise in RNA biochemistry coupled with deep sequencing approaches such as ribosome profiling, CLIP-seq etc.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
Candidates should provide the following:
- Cover letter with a short statement of research experience, interests and goals
- CV with a publication list and contact information for at least two professional references.
Please submit all application materials electronically to:
Additional information and lab publications are available on our website:
The position is available immediately with a flexible start date.
Apply for Postdoctoral Scholar
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly