Doctoral candidate (PhD student) in the field of Industrial Internet of Things for Smart Products...
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg invites applications for the following vacancy in its Faculty of Science, Technology and Communication (FSTC)
Doctoral candidate (PhD student) in the field of Industrial Internet of Things for Smart Products and Processes (M/F)
- PhD Student for Smart Processes for Manufacturing
- Réf :F1-030059
- 14 months fixed-term contract, renewable up to 3 years, full-time (40h/week)
- Student and employee status (36 months studies programme)
This PhD research will focus on data-centric optimization of the business processes across the value stream by combining sensor data (RFID on Raspberry Pi), predictive analytics, and big data to pinpoint bottlenecks and to set up new procedures to ensure an end-to-end optimization of both local and global business processes within interoperable and non-interoperable systems involved in manufacturing sector. The PhD student will be a member of the Research Unit in Engineering Sciences (RUES) within the Faculty of FSTC at the University of Luxembourg. He/she will work under supervision of Prof. Dr. Peter Plapper.
- Develop next- generation innovations in distributed business logic and reliable event processing in smart logistics systems to optimize the movement of people and products with appropriate IoT and web technologies,
- Participate in advancing the Internet of Things in expert research communities
- Independent pilot design and implementations,
- Data-centric optimization in smart assembly, transport and logistics.
For further information please contact: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Peter Plapper / Peter.Plapper@uni.lu
- A sound background in software engineering and machine learning with a MSc degree in Computer Science,
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills to present your work at conferences and project meetings,
- Active involvement software projects (ideally Web or IoT projects) and knowledge of programming languages (C#, Java, Python),
- Fluency in English is required. You need to provide IELTS test results (minimum score 6.5), TOEFL-iBT (minimum score 90) or Cambridge CAE or CPE, French and/or German is appreciated.
- The possibility for academic development in a creative academic and research environment
- A challenging and friendly work environment with tight mentorship and regular meetings
- Personal work space at the University
- Dynamic and multicultural environment
Candidates should submit the following documents:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications (if available)
- Copies of diplomas
Please send your application online by 30/09/2017. The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.
Link : http://emea3.mrted.ly/1jkhg
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and