Inside Sales, Biosciences Account Manager - Carlsbad, CA
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Position Summary: Inside Sales Representative, BioSciences - Carlsbad, CA
The individual must demonstrate a working knowledge of biosciences products and workflow in general laboratory practice. General experience in other cell biology/molecular biology methods is highly desirable. This person should be comfortable using telephone selling skills to build customer rapport, develop a consultative sales relationship, provide solutions through the use of our products, and create a clear value proposition for Thermo Fisher Scientific's products and winning orders. Using Professional Selling Skills (PSS) as a framework, the individual will maximize sales and strategic selling effectiveness. The candidate will be asked to achieve or exceed the territory sales plan by maintaining existing business, developing incremental business in existing accounts, and conducting cold calls to develop new accounts.
- Attain or exceed assigned sales, profit, and market share goals consistently while working within budgetary guidelines.
- Prospect and develop relationships with new customers. Develop and execute the targeted program sales activities for specific territory. Nurture existing customer relationships with a particular focus on increasing overall revenue and reagent attachment with customers using both existing and newly placed platforms.
- Utilizes data sources to analyze and develop sales opportunities with the greatest ROI.
- Make outbound telephone calls to all organizational levels and functional areas where purchasing decisions are made. Communicates key competitive activities, market trends, and changing customer direction within the organization.
- Complete assigned tasks and reports in a timely and complete manner while maximizing productivity during key selling time. Meet all sales call objectives. Develop organizational skills necessary to successfully manage territory sales activities.
- Achieve daily customer phone contact objectives to deliver sales presentations to address customers' research needs and increase sales. Develop needed genetic analysis product knowledge sufficient to successfully conduct an effective telephone sales presentation.
- Understand competitive landscape within accounts and be able to provide like or better products from the Company portfolio. Support marketing programs and programs in other territories as assigned by the Sales Manager.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology or Biochemistry - Advanced Degrees are a plus.
- Preference for laboratory, selling and/or customer contact experience.
- Computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, or like programs required.
- Excellent organization skills as well as demonstrated ability to meet goals and objectives required.
- Be able to travel as needed for required meetings and customer visits (
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.