Sr./Manager, Environmental, Health and Safety
Reporting to the Sr. Director Facilities & Engineering, this person will be responsible for environmental, health and safety of all operations at Moderna's Norwood facility and implementing a sustainable safety culture.
- Develops, implements and monitors environmental, health, and safety programs to ensure compliance with all applicable government regulations and company standards and values.
- Develop and implement safety culture program to integrate EHS as part of day to day operations.
- Implement robust site processes to ensure cradle to grave management of hazardous materials used on site; including procurement, receipt, use, transport and disposal.
- Guide Site Leadership in formulating and executing company practices as they relate to environment, safety, health and security performance.
- Works closely with staff to promote safe manufacturing practices, procedures, and proper use of containment equipment and facilities.
- Serves as EHS Team facilitator and manages ERT.
- Identifies and addresses site EHS issues and employee concerns.
- Performs accident management activities including injury management investigations and associated recordkeeping.
- Identifies, implements and tracks corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Assists in administering workers' compensation program.
- Performs EHS hazard assessments including industrial hygiene monitoring and makes recommendations to control hazards.
- Manages life safety, fire and property risk management programs.
- Develops, implements and maintains training programs for health, safety and the environment.
- Responsible for developing appropriate emergency plans and response capabilities.
- Maintains availability to respond to emergencies during off-hours (evenings, weekends, holidays).
- Stays abreast of new EHS government regulations as they are promulgated as well as new developments in industry (best practices).
- Builds relationships with key departments to foster support for EHS programs.
- A minimum of six to eight years professional experience required in environment, health, and safety programs, at least four of those in a management role.
- BS in an EHS-related discipline, such as engineering, physical science, or biological science/chemistry, or equivalent experience required.
- A minimum of 2+ years relevant experience in cGMP environment is desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of environment, health, and safety permitting and regulations related to OSHA, USEPA, DOT, MADEP.
- Knowledge and understanding of environment, health, and safety compliance reporting.
- Specific experience in hazardous waste management or other professional EHS trainings or certifications a plus.
- Ability to make effective oral presentations and work as part of a team.
- Ability to represent Moderna's interests, objectives and policies in a professional and responsible manner.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.