The Pre-Engineering Lecturer will teach and manage such courses as statics, dynamics, strength of materials, and possibly other engineering or physical sciences courses. Another major component of the position will be to recruit students in the Billings region into the engineering profession and mentor them during their first two years of Pre-Engineering study at MSUB. The successful applicant will be expected to collaborate closely with the Yellowstone County Engineering community, MSU Bozeman, and Montana Tech of the University of Montana. Our vision is to identify students who have expressed interest in engineering as a career choice and then guide them to provide seamless transfer into an engineering program at MSU Bozeman or Montana Tech. This position is contingent upon funding.
This position will include student advising and limited committee participation. The successful candidate is expected to share the University commitment to outcomes assessment, continuous quality improvement, and development of an urban university.
- Ph.D. or Masters in Engineering
- Knowledge and/or experiences in STEM education with an emphasis on technology and engineering education
- Familiarity with a wide range of engineering fields and careers
- Evidence of successful teaching experience at the university level
- Excellent communication skills
- High academic standards and a demonstrated commitment to academic rigor
- Licensure as a Professional Engineer
REVIEW DATE: Applications received by September 10th will receive priority review; however, the position is open until filled.