a) Carry out, develop, conduct, and lead cutting-edge scientific research projects, and be active in acquisition of external research funding;
b) Teach courses at undergraduate (Bsc), graduate (Msc) and post-graduate (Phd) levels, and inspire students through teaching and supervision;
c) Be responsible for activities related to the university representation, scientific divulgation and knowledge transfer to society;
d) Carry out top faculty managing activities as well as other high responsible activities as a senior faculty member.
Information and application:
For more information about this position, and instructions on how to apply, please follow the link:
Full consideration will be given to applications received by 26/09/2017.
The position should start before the end of 2017.
Desired skills and experience:
Focus candidate: Senior academic staff with consolidated high quality research activity, with proven experience in leading scientific research projects that intend to play a leading role in a research unit.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
• PhD degree in Engineering or a related area with interest in the scientific field of this competition and the title "Agregação" awarded by the Portuguese Universities;
• Strong and top quality publication record;
• Strong record of awarded grants;
• Strong leader skills;
• Ability to provide inspiring teaching (in English and/or Portuguese);
• Ability to deal with scientific/engineering challenges in contact with industrial partners;
• Ability to set up, manage and lead either European or international research networks in cutting-edge scientific areas related to this competition;
• Ability to motivate and coach research teams;
• Ability to embrace top managing duties within the faculty.
About the Employer
Instituto Superior Técnico (IST) is the top ranked Engineering, Science and Technology school in Portugal and one of the top ranked in Europe. IST provides an inspiring world-class learning environment, while performing leading research with global impact. IST outstanding achievements, unique institution profile, privileged location in Lisbon, coupled with the high quality of its students, alumni, faculty and staff make it truly a school for the world.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and