Field Service Engineer, Columbus, Ohio
The Field Service Engineer is travel based position that works at customer sites to ensure customer allegiance by providing installation, preventative maintenance, diagnostic & repair, and validation services that keeps equipment operating safely and reliably. Provides generalist level support to one or more Thermo product lines or applications. Actively promotes service offerings, new products, and upgrades. Refrigeration background and EPA certification preferred.
- Ensures customer allegiance through excellence in repair and support of customers' products.
- Maintains communication with customer to ensure understanding of status, cost, and scheduling of all aspects of the service event.
- Provides rapid, courteous, and knowledgeable response to all customers inquires.
- Schedules and delivers thorough preventative maintenance service to ensure maximum uptime of customer equipment.
- Serves as customer advocate and manages escalation of unresolved customer or technical issues to Management, Service Product Specialists, and Quality.
- Provides customer product operation training and technical support to in-house repair technicians as required.
- Submits accurate and detailed service orders, productivity data (hours), expense reports, and quality feedback in a timely manner and maintains records per organizational policy.Adheres to all corporate and service division policies regarding safe work practices and service vehicle operation.Provide territory cross-coverage and depot repair support as required.Supports the Quality System and Quality Policy by following procedures/work instructions and creating records to meet the requirements of the Quality System Regulation and ISO registration.Maintains spare parts inventory, tools, manuals and test equipment.Attends new product technical and introduction training, advanced and update training, and regional/national service meetings as required.
- Actively promotes and sells installations, extended service contracts, preventative maintenance, time & material service, service parts kits and consumables, service training, validation, and wireless monitoring services.Advises customer of new products and upgrades and passes sales opportunities to account representatives.Keeps up to date on new product introductions, technologies, market changes, competitors' products and new customer applications
- Associates Degree in Electronics or equivalent education or experience5+ years of strong electrical and mechanical experience
- Refrigeration Experience strongly preferred
This position will be remotely-based in the Columbus, Ohio area, with local and overnight travel required up to 20%.
This position has not been approved for relocation
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.