COMPUTER GRAPHICS ENGINEER MIA (TECNIOSpring)
TECNIOspring PLUS: www.tecniospring.eu
TECNIOspring PLUS, ACCIÓ's fellowship programme, provides financial support to individual mobility proposals presented by experienced researchers in liaison with a host entity. Fellows are offered 2-year employment contracts in order to develop applied research projects at the host entity of their choice.
i2CAT AT A GLANCE:
i2CAT Foundation is a non-profit research and innovation centre which promotes mission-oriented R+D+i activities on advanced Internet architectures, applications and services. The centre stands up for a new open innovation framework, fostering the collaboration between companies, public administration, the academic environment and end-users.
i2cat is a mission-oriented research center. Our goal is to develop advanced Internet technologies to the benefit of government, companies and citizens of Catalonia and the rest of the world. In cooperation with these partners, our research and innovation units want to produce technologies and solutions with the aim of converting Catalonia into a leading global smart region in a Smart Europe, with a flourishing added-value economy and an innovative society.
WHAT DO WE DO?
i2CAT has a wide experience in multiple national and European R+D+i projects, leading research lines in new fixed & mobile network architectures, wireless sensor networks, and content-based multimedia technologies, with the aim to develop new products, services and applications in the fields of eHealth, Smart Cities & Smart Regions, Advanced Manufacturing and Culture/Creativity.
The i2CAT Foundation is a research center working on Future Internet technologies and digital innovation. The Media Internet research area (MIA) of the i2CAT foundation is seeking an experienced Computer Graphics Engineer or a Virtual Reallity Scientist within the frame of the TECNIOspring Call 2017.
The successful candidate will join the Media&Internet Unit to develop a platform for multi-user virtual reality experiences and use a variety of media formats (video, dynamic meshes, point clouds) to develop, design and evaluate virtual reality behavioral experiments.
The successful candidate will be part of the H2020 ICT Project VR-Together, a 3 year project starting in October 2017. This will give several opportunities to interact with a network of European partners specialized on different aspects of media representation, streaming and VR content production.
The experienced research engineer will join the Media team of the i2CAT foundation and carry out duties towards the objectives of the VR-Together project. This may include tasks such as:
- Work with innovative media formats (point clouds, dynamic meshes, etc.).
- Develop innovative media experiences that maximize the feeling of togetherness.
- Integrate innovative encoding and media streaming solutions to optimize the VR experience and feeling of co-presence.
- Explore methods to increase the feeling of physicality in the virtual space.
- Develop characters that help preserve and reinforce the feeling of togetherness in VR.
- Test quantitatively and qualitatively the feeling of co-presence.
What do we offer?
- A unique experience working in the sunny Barcelona within an international, dynamic and growing organization.
- Located in Zona Universitaria with great connections with metropolitan public transport and easy access by car.
- Multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Be in contact with leading edge technology
- Full time employment contract with TECNIOsping PLUS salary conditions.
- Flexible retribution
- 24 months contract
- 25 vacation days per year
- Fridays afternoon off
- Intensive summer work (July + August) from 8:00 to 15:15 o'clock
- Flexible working hours & conditions
- Official Publication in July 2017.
- Deadline of the Call: 14th of September of 2017
- Evaluation Process: September 2017 to January 2018
- Start of fellowship: January 2018
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and