GROUP LEADER IN IMMUNO-ONCOLOGY
We are currently seeking a highly motivated group leader with expertise and outstanding track record in cancer immunology with a preferable focus on the adaptive immune system and interest to implement novel immunotherapeutic strategies
The candidate will introduce cutting-edge technologies and experimental model systems in the field of immuno-oncology at VIB-KU Leuven. The candidate will be expected to develop ground-breaking scientific programs addressing fundamental research questions and should be interested in seeking opportunities to translate her/his findings into potential industrial applications and/or clinical benefit for patients.
The candidate needs to hold a PhD and provide a record of scientific excellence through high profile publications and acquisition of competitive funding. A collaborative and interdisciplinary mindset and experience in coaching and mentoring are highly valued assets.
- A challenging position in a supportive and international research environment with committed peers (this includes a mentoring program and a Group Leader coaching track)
- An employment package that is attractive internationally and that is independent of research funding and grants
- Substantial core research funding (€1.25M to €1.5M), renewable every 5 years
- Access to top-notch core facilities including single cell genomics and bioinformatics, metabolomics, next generation sequencing, mouse genomic engineering and animal housing, histopathology, light and electron microscopy, FACS.
- Collaborative atmosphere with clinicians from the University Hospital UZ Leuven located on the same campus.
- Assistance with daily life issues such as relocation including visa application (if necessary), move & housing, school & day care
VIB is an equal opportunity employer promoting an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected.
Start date: in the course of 2018
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and